By Kevin R Campbell
Cardiovascular sickness is the #1 killer of either women and men within the US and Europe this present day. over the past twenty years, many inventions in know-how have allowed for greater cures for middle assault and stroke and total results have considerably more desirable. demise charges from heart problems in males are declining.
However, despite those advancements in care, demise charges for ladies stay unchanged. This ebook will discover those gender disparities in care extensive — particular sections might be dedicated to answering the questions of why they're taking place and what healthcare prone and ladies can do to impression swap and slim the gender hole in cardiovascular care.
Ultimately, this e-book is designed to open the eyes of healthcare prone, doctors and coverage makers — in addition to capability girl sufferers — and will function a “call to motion” to advertise greater cardiovascular deal with girls. via schooling, knowledge and advocacy ladies all over the world will gain, the distance will start to shut and higher cardiovascular care will be supplied for all.
- About the Artist
- About the Author
- Epidemiologic issues in Cardiovascular Disease
- Gender adjustments in affliction Manifestation and Presentation
- Gender ameliorations in checking out and Evaluation
- Gender transformations within the remedy of Coronary Artery Disease
- Exploring the basis Causes
- Closing the distance: techniques to influence Change
- The function of the OB/GYN in bettering Women's Cardiovascular Health
- Taking keep watch over: fighting weight problems via Exercise
- Taking keep an eye on: struggling with weight problems via nutritional switch and tension Management
- Special issues: girls and unexpected Cardiac Death
- Women and Congestive center Failure
- Empowering ladies to Take Control
- Women and Atrial Fibrillation
Readership: basic readers, ladies attracted to empowering their well-being, healthcare pros, healthcare managers, and healthcare policymakers.
- No different e-book particularly addresses gender disparity in cardiovascular disease
- As a champion and recommend for ladies with heart problems over the past ten years, Campbell is uniquely situated as a professional during this arena
- Author makes use of “real international” examples to supply perception for healthcare services and patients